(Special note: please do not submit your letter repeatedly. In case of duplicates, one will be attended to.) Thank you for writing to the Governor's Mailbox. In order to provide better service and protect your rights, please read this agreement before submitting. The “Governor’s Mailbox” is an electronic mailbox particularly set up for the public by the Hunan Provincial People’s Government. It is an online window where citizens, legal persons and other organizations can post comments and suggestions on governments at all levels and government departments in Hunan. Your e-mails shall be assigned or transferred to relevant accountability units through certain procedures, and the feedback shall be sent back to you as soon as possible.
Ⅰ. Matters that can be attended to
Opinions and suggestions on major government decision-making and work arrangement; consultations on laws, regulations, rules and other government policies and measures; reflections on major issues related to the overall economic and social development of Hunan province, covering the whole society, and concerning about the close relationship with the interests of the people. Please read the following terms carefully before writing:
(1) Please abide by the laws, regulations, rules, social morality and the "Governor's Mail Box" column management order.
(2) Please leave your real name, phone number, address, and e-mail address as required, so that we can communicate with you in time. Please do not repeat sending.
(3) Please do not use web pages or media reports as the submitted letter.
(4) Letters that don’t belong to those that can be attended to will be deleted directly by the staff member without prior notice.
(5) The time limit for response to general letter processing is 30 working days; if the situation is complicated, with the approval of the person in charge of the mailbox management, the processing time limit may be extended appropriately.
Ⅲ. Matters that will not be attended to
(1) According to the Regulation on Letters and Visits, if you report and make suggestions and opinions to the following organizations and personnel in Hunan Province, or are dissatisfied with the duties of the following organizations and personnel, please write to the Hunan Provincial Public Complaints and Proposals Administration or complain to the local authorities.
a. The administrative organ and its staff;
b. Organizations and their staff authorized by laws and regulations to manage public affairs functions;
c. Enterprises, institutions and their staff providing public services;
d. Persons appointed or dispatched by the state administrative organs in social groups, other enterprises, or institutions; and,
e. Village committees, residents committees and their members.
(2) For complaints that should be settled through legal channels such as litigation, arbitration, administrative reconsideration, etc., please submit them to the relevant authorities in accordance with the procedures stipulated by relevant laws and administrative regulations.
(3) For matters within the terms of reference of the CPC committees, the people's congresses at all levels, and the standing committees of the people's congresses at or above the county level, the CPPCC, the people's courts, and the people's procuratorates, please put forward the request to them respectively.
(4) If the issues reported involve municipal construction, residents' lives, employment and re-employment, and security, please report directly to the local people's government or the competent department.
(5) Private e-mails regarding sales promotion and invitation, personal e-mails to leaders, e-mails reporting problems with unclear facts or proposing suggestions with insufficient reasons, and e-mails with invalid contact information and unconfirmed content will not be attended to.
(6) With regard to an act of sending e-mails malevolently, disrupting public order, encroaching upon rights of a person, or impairing social administration, the sender shall, in accordance with the Law of the People's Republic of China on Penalties for Administration of Public Security, be subject to public security punishment by the public security organs. If a crime is constituted, criminal responsibility shall be investigated in accordance with the Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China.